Hodge Podge Kitchen

Friday, April 20, 2007

Whole Wheat Pasta in Pea Sauce


I've been watching a lot of cooking shows on tv. No, I mean really, A LOT. And I saw frozen peas used as pasta sauce a few times, so I decided to try it. Due to the whole wheat pasta, the green didn't pop as much as it should. It is a little healthier though. I didn't actually use a specific recipe, just what i remember and used what's in my fridge currently.

1/2 lb dried whole wheat pasta
1/2 lb frozen peas, defrosted
1/2 lb shrimps
4 oz cream cheese, lite (half a bar)
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried Korean hot pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste

Boil pasta until al dente. In a food processor, add the frozen peas, 1/2 cup of the pasta water, and cream cheese. Process until smooth. Saute onion until soft, add garlic, shrimps and thyme. Cook until just turn pink. Add the peas cream cheese sauce and pasta. Combine and season to taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home